Priests of the Parish
The first church in the area was in Gunnislake (St Joseph's) founded in 1927 and then the church of Our Lady of Victories in Callington, a Mission church and for many years Gunnislake and Callington were served by their own Priests.
Tavistock was a separate parish and in 1951 the Tavistock church was bought by the Diocese and the first Mass celebrated in 1952.
The parish of Tavistock and Gunnislake was served by many priests over the years.
Gunnislake and Callington
1927 - 1941 Fr Phillip Northcote
WW II Fr. Biggs Diocesan Priest
1951 - Father Michael McSweeny Diocesan Priest
1956 – 1972 Fr Daley Missionaries of St Francis de Sales
Tavistock, Gunnislake and Callington
1956 – 1972 Fr Daley together with curates from the Missionaries of St Francis de Sales
Fr O'Neil Fr Thevenet
Fr Gill Fr Blackford
Fr Nobes Fr Ward
1972 – 1981 Fr Blackford with Fr Miranda as curate.
In 1981 the Missionaries of St Francis de Sales withdrew their priests from the parish. The Parish then was served for eight years by Fr Michael Craig-McFeely and Fr Aloysius, both of Buckfast Abbey.
1981 – 1989 Fr Michael Craig-McFeely OSB
1981 – 1989 Fr Aloysius OSB
1989 – 1994 Fr Jack Pack Tavistock's first Diocesan Priest since 1956
Fr Terence Clune
Fr John Bodley Scott
1994 – 2001 Fr Gabriel Arnold OSB
2001 – 2003? Fr Sunny Paul Missionaries of St Francis de Sales
2003? - 2007 Fr Denis O'Gorman Augustinian Friars
Fr Denis O'Gorman was responsible for both Tavistock and Gunnislake churches until October 2006 when Tavistock separated from Gunnislake and set up their own Finance Committee. Gunnislake became a Mission Church under the care of Fr David Gassor.
2006 - 2007 Fr David Gassor (Gunnislake) The church closed in 2007
2007 – 2007 Fr Danny Longland Diocesan Priest
For two years there was no resident priest and Sunday Masses were said by priests from Plymouth Cathedral.
2011 – 2019 Fr John Greatbatch Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham
2019 - Fr. Martin Stone Diocesan Priest